HMMWV Maintenance Instructor
GovSource Incorporated is taking applications for Trainers for a High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) Technical Assistance Field Team for a training contract in Nairobi Kenya. The purpose is for the TAFT to provide training for Kenyan HMMWV mechanics and maintenance personnel on all levels of HMMWV maintenance procedures to improve their maintenance capabilities and operational readiness.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Team Chief: Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a maintenance organization with no less than one (1) year supervising individuals performing maintenance tasks or conducting maintenance training. Previous experience as a Security Assistance Team (SAT) team chief or SAT member is highly desirable but not required. The Team Chief must have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent military education) that provides the skills required for leading a small team under austere conditions, with minimal direct supervision. Coordinating for the team’s support and transportation, accounting for funds and property, developing and implementing a detailed training program, preparing written technical reports, and public speaking.
Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills: Not all of the skills are required and applicants should have a solid background with a combination of the following knowledge skills and abilities.
- Qualification as an Army instructor with experience teaching at the Army Logistics University is highly desirable.
- Experience teaching at the U.S. Army Ordnance Corp and School in either the 63B or 91B courses.
- Experience as a Battalion level Motor Sergeant or Higher.
- Ordnance Advance Leaders Non-Commissioned Officers Course, the Ordnance Warrant Officer Advanced Course, or the Ordnance Officer’s Advanced/Captain’s Career Course.
- Army Maintenance Management Course, Maintenance Leaders Course, and Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer Basic Course. (Not all are requirements at least one from this list).
- Warrant Officers or Senior NCO’s are preferred (E-7, E-8, E-9)
- Valid Passport (Required)
Job Related Information: Application process
- • Deploy within next 30 days.
- • The total length of the contract will be for 12 months with two 12-month option periods of contract extension.
- • Salary per diem and benefits for this position will be discussed during the interview process and will be competitive with current rates.
- • If interested and you meet all the requirements for the position please send a copy of your resume, DD214 and any other applicable documents to firstname.lastname@example.org