Force Protection Analyst
Force Protection Analyst's to provide primary support for planning of force protection, physical security and CLDJ base protection, policies and resources including law enforcement and physical security, in addition to combating terrorism by conducting timely and relevant research of current Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
- The Force Protection Analyst will compile data and inputs from multiple sources, provide subject matter expertise (SME) to N3AT personnel with drafting policy documents, and facilitate document reviews and creating presentations.
- Provide SME in determination of risk assessments and vulnerability assessments processes pertaining to specific knowledge and experience with DoD requirements.
- Research terrorist threat data and provide SME with respect to identifying asymmetrical threats to US operations or projects
- Develop mitigating solutions for identified threats and advocate implementation of DoD and DoN ATFP programs and objectives
- Utilize the chain of command to provide timely and accurate advice on the implementation, coordination and monitoring of CLDJ base performance against mandated, optional and emergent force protection and physical security requirements.
- Identify areas of vulnerability and prepare necessary requests and supporting documentation for Security Waivers and/or Exceptions. Provide support to N3AT staff on the development of policy for submitting waivers/exceptions incorporated and maintain a current tracking database for waivers and exceptions in process and for those already approved.
- Risk Analysis and Management for Project (RAMP)/Request for Intelligence Information (RIIS): Update monthly the Risk-Based Investment Model (RBIM) to support POM process and investment goals
- Coordinate with Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS), Multiple Threat Alert Center (MTAC), Office of Naval Intelligence and other intelligence agency analysts to update information on threats prevalent to Navy regions and installations in order to provide weekly updates to the ISO and ATO.
- Enter installation specific data and vulnerabilities into, and conduct analysis of open vulnerabilities in CVAMP (or substantially equivalent successor system) to inform resource allocation decisions in conjunction with Command Risk-based Investment Model (RBIM).
- Assist operational forces with deciphering security related specifics in order for those operational forces to develop policies that integrate the force protection program efforts throughout the application of risk-based investment strategies used in conjunction with threat, vulnerability and critically based processes to eliminate program seams and gaps.
- Provide support by compiling weekly functional effort reporting statistics (as defined by Commander, Navy Installations) and reporting these same statistics IAW Commander Navy Installation Command requirements.
- Recommend to the chain of command improvements to metrics used internal and external to CLDJ performance assessment and resource planning, aligning with CLDJ and higher-level COLS where appropriate.
- Possess an understanding of Asymmetric Warfare, Operational Needs Statements, Joint Capability Integration and Development.
- Support and assist various antiterrorism, force protection, and threat working groups, as requested.
- Prepare Individual Force Protection Plan for military and civilian personnel traveling to other countries.
- Coordinate physical security infrastructure requirements with Public Works, Navy and Base Operating Services (BOS) Contracts.
- Manage the Installation Barrier Plan.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited College or University plus 5 years of experience in preventive measures taken to mitigate hostile actions against Department of Defense or civilian personnel, resources, facilities, and critical information or protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to an enterprise, agency, or facility. Includes protection from fire, natural disasters, burglary, theft, vandalism, and terrorism; OR
- 10 years of experience in Force Protection or Physical Security without a degree; if civilian experience is being used, the Contractor shall provide documented training of an accredited Law Enforcement Academy that provided over 600 hours of Police tactics, patrol operations and procedures.
- Completion of DoD course J-830-0015 Anti-Terrorism Officer Course or a substantially equivalent course of instruction. Examples of equivalent courses may include classes that are part of a Homeland Security curriculum at a college or university that are related to anti-terrorism.
- A working and functional knowledge of military staff functions, finished staff work and military chain of command.
- International, restrictive and or hostile environment operations.
- Experience conducting Vulnerability, Risk, Criticality and Threat Probability Assessments.
- Experience in managing a Core Vulnerability Assessment Management Program (CVAMP) program, or substantially similar successor program.
- Experience with industry standard intrusion detection, surveillance, and access control systems (i.e. Navy Access Control Visitor Management) Systems.
- Experience in Patrol Procedures, Access Control Procedures, Operational Management, and Personnel Management.
- Experience with use of PC's and related software packages such as: Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, Internet, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Valid U.S. Motor Vehicle Operators License
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Experience working in Africa
Job Related Information: Application process
- The total length of the contract will be for 12 months with two 12-month option periods of contract extension.
- Salary and benefits for this position will be discussed during the interview process and will be competitive with current rates.
If interested and you meet all the requirements for the position please send a please send a copy of your resume, DD214 and any other applicable documents to the following email address: email@example.com.